Mini Pilot Plant
The IMI mini-pilot plant is a 1600 m2 permanent multi purpose unit for rapid process development on a small scale (up to several kilograms). The mini pilot plant enables reduction of the time required to get new products to the market, by using a scale-down technique that gives full process definition at the 25-50L scale.
The Mini Pilot Concept
- Scale down of industrial equipment
- Complete process development at small scale
- Controlled and flexible design, computer controlled and with ASPEN, CHETAH and VISIMIX simulators.
- Batch or continuous operation
- Minimal manpower, raw materials & wastes
- Significant savings in process development costs and time
The Mini Pilot Capabilities
- Process development based on data supplied by the customer.
- Process improvement, verification, de-bottlenecking
- Preparation of samples for market development
The Mini Pilot Equipment
- 1600 square metres of a fully serviced facility
- 4 fully ventilated enclosed workstations (6m)
- Multipurpose glass, glass-lined, stainless steel and Hastelloy C reactors (16-250L), all installed in walk-in cupboards.
- 4 high pressure bays with autoclaves ranging between 0.5-20L up to 100 bar
- RC1 reaction calorimeter
- RC-1 reactor equipped with FBRM (Focused Beam Reflectance Measurement) and PVM (Particle Video Microscopy) for study in real time of crystal habit and size during the crystallization process
- Downstream Equipment:
- Thin/Wiped film evaporators, rotovapors
- Fractional distillation columns
- Extraction columns
- Filters: centrifuges, vacuum and pressure filters
- Various dryers including spray dryer and paddle dryer
- Lasentec apparatus for studying crystal size and habit in real time during the crystallization process.
Membrane Technology Capabilities
- Full range of membranes: focusing on feasibility tests: micro, ultra, nano, reverse osmosis (RO) and forward osmosis (FO)
- Laboratory scale high pressure driven membrane units (dead-end and cross flow) suitable for feasibility tests of a wide spectrum of applications
- Laboratory scale forward osmosis unit suitable for feasibility tests of FO applications
- Process development by combination of various types of membranes
For More Information Contact Us: